You know me, as your Love Coach, I’m always looking for new tips to give to you to streamline your dating process so you can call in love that actually works.
I don’t want you wasting your time.
I don’t want you spinning your wheels online.
Or questioning whether there is the possibility of love.
So, I have a question for you…
Have you ever found yourself stuck in text-me-land wondering if you’re ever going to get off of the messaging?
Or do you feel like getting to know the guy is harder than rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic?
Is he texting back one-word answers?
Are you dealing with dead air?
You’ve run out of things to ask and you’re wondering how on earth am I going to move this along?
Then there’s the flip side.
Maybe you’ve been making this great connection and the man is amazing!
The conversations are stimulating and OMG you are falling in love!
You haven’t even met the guy in real-time but he seems perfect…
Sister, you are having a relationship with a PHONE!
So, how do you shift that?
First of all, take a breath because it’s a journey and you’ve gotta start somewhere.
Online dating is a great resource if you know how to do it well.
5 Hot Tips for Texting
1) Keep it short. Get to know him a bit and go back and forth with a text or two. Eg: “Hey! Happy Friday! What’s your favorite thing to do on the weekends? Mine is…
The rule of thumb for texting is your message should be no longer than half the length of your thumb. Literally. You don’t want to be writing huge paragraphs.
Stick to the “Triple S’s” – texts should be short, simple, and specific. Some men tend to get overwhelmed if they see a huge, long text and it may be off-putting. You want to be succinct, to the point, and have something of substance to share.
2) Ask questions! It’s a great way to get some information. Eg: How long have you been online? How’s it working for you? Ask him some nice, entry-level questions.
3) Get offline! You can’t get a good sense of whether you have a truly great connection if you don’t meet him in person. No matter how great his texts make you feel, you can’t get the whole picture from an app on your phone. You need to see if there’s chemistry AND that he’s real. So…
4) Hop on a call. After you’ve established some texting rapport, take the lead and ask him to hop on a phone call so that you can get to know each other better. You want to hear each other’s voices to get some idea of his energy and tone.
5) Video chat: Some platforms like Google offer you an untraceable phone number for video chatting. This is a fabulous way to see him in person while still staying safe and it’s fun! You can see what he looks like. Feel his energy. And, get a real sense of who he is.
So that is how you start to get curious about each other and get to meet each other for real.