Have you ever taken time to really reflect & digest what happened throughout the different phases of your love life?
What have you witnessed? What did you experience? How did it feel? What did you learn about love and partnership?
If you’re thinking, “Well, I’d rather not and say I did…”
I’m not judging! I get it.
When you start to peel away the layers of that little, “love onion”, a lot can bubble up. There are memories that surface which can be good, bad, incredibly painful, or downright ugly!
And, that can feel hard to be with. But, I’ve got news for you…
Who you are being NOW is who and what you will attract!
One of the ways to have access to a rich, full, luscious love life is to emotionally unhook from your memories, let go of past painful patterns, and take that information to learn from it. When you can unplug from the past and take out the lessons you can make different choices now and be open to love in a whole new and delightful way.
Memory without emotion equals wisdom.
3 steps to let go of the past for good!
1) Identify why you might be stuck in your love life. How is the past showing up in your present relationships?
- Start by revisiting your love story. Have you ever really journaled about it? Write it out or grab a friend to tell your story.
- Decide what you want to keep and what you want to let go of that didn’t serve you.
Were you abused? Did somebody leave you? Did someone die? What beliefs about life and love did you pick up because of those experiences and how do you want to be with these experiences NOW?
These experiences will shape you and dictate how you show up in your current relationships and partnerships.
2) Trace it back and acknowledge those fears and painful feelings, so that you can let them go.
- What did you learn about love was from your parents?
- What did you witness?
- What did you experience?
- How did it feel when you witnessed your parents loving each other?
- How did it feel when you witnessed your parents being mean to each other?
3) Get some mentorship. If what’s blocking you from moving ahead in your love world is too painful to deal with on your own, or you just don’t know how to start peeling your “love onion”, love coaching is a great way to get needed support through it all. You deserve to be happy. It’s so important to release the old pain so you can step strongly into your new love chapter.
It’s so liberating when you can unplug from what’s been holding you back!
lt doesn’t really work to hide your truth and forget the past. It’s part of you.
You CAN change the feelings and experiences inside of you, so that you can move forward in a conscious way! You can unplug and reap the wisdom.
Remember going forward – the past doesn’t have to dictate the NOW. Release the pain. Disconnect from it. You can rewire it for future happiness with mentorship and good strategies to propel you forward.
I SO want that for you! I encourage you to take some time and start this process of reflecting and disconnecting. This will help you be a whole new you which will allow a new love life to appear.
Junie Moon- Your Love Coach